“Valerie would be a refreshing change in Pierre” - Gayle N
“Valerie has a strong pulse on the needs of the people of Sioux Falls and has the ability to lead the community to positive changes. Her knowledge and compassion for the community are second to none and a vote for Valerie Loudenback is a vote for a positive future for our community!!” - Tim B
“Valerie is a great convener of ideas. She turns obstacles into opportunities to lead great change that benefits the community.” - Angie B
“Valerie has amazing energy. She is a mom, a business owner and an outstanding community leader. She has an inclusive leadership style and listens to people. Her can-do leadership will represent us well in Pierre! - Angela L
Hello and thanks for taking the time to get to know me and why I want to be your next State Representative. I have called South Dakota home for the past 16 years and can’t think of a better place to live, work and raise a family. My husband Kurt, of 35 years, and I have raised three children here: Daniel (26), Andrea (23) and Grant (18).
I have extensive experience professional and personally in both business, health-care and the non-profit arenas. I have a Master in Health Care Administration from The Ohio State University and have served in leadership position at several health care organizations. In 2003 Kurt and I founded Grand Prairie Foods, growing from 15 to 165 employees today. I am currently Vice President/Co-Owner of Grand Prairie Foods with responsibility for Human Resources. I am proud to say that our company is succeeding with the support of an amazing team of employees, many who have come to Sioux Falls from all over the world as immigrants or refugees.
I walk my talk about making my community a better place to live through involvement in several non-profit organizations. I founded Dress for Success Sioux Falls which has served over 1000 women by supporting them in their journey to economic independence. I am passionate about the work done by REACH Literacy Council serving on their Board and offering their Literacy programs to the employees at Grand Prairie Foods. I have the privilege to serve on the Board of Girls Scouts Dakota Horizons and EmBe and the Advisory Board of South Dakota Voices of Justice.
Why am I running? My answer is simple. I want to make a difference in the corner of the world that matters to me. That corner is right here in District 14 and on a little larger scale all of South Dakota! I want to bring common-sense, compassion and meaningful change to how we run the state and situate ourselves for the future.
I want to go to Pierre to get things done! Here are the issues I feel are important.
Ensure South Dakota’s Education System Prepares our Children for the Future
· Ensure that every student has access to quality K-12 education successfully preparing them for the workforce or post-secondary education
· Provide early childhood education to provide a strong foundation for future learning
· Support education funding necessary to maintain quality schools
· Retain the best teachers through competitive compensation
· Support the development of technical training programs to meet needs of the job market
· Keep universities affordable and accessible
Sustain a Strong Business Friendly Environment
· Promote minimal regulatory environment to encourage business development and entrepreneurial activity
· Encourage private sector job creation to recruit and retain the best talent to our state
· Maintain pro-business tax structure to retain current and attract new businesses
Provide South Dakotans the opportunity to achieve a High-Quality Standard of Living
· Ensure South Dakota employees are paid a fair and living wage to support themselves and their families
· Support social programs that move people towards self-sufficiency and away from public reliance
· Provide access to affordable health care
If you are interested and able to assist in my campaign efforts – I would be extremely grateful. Please reach out to me at email@example.com or 605-321-3945. I would love to sit down over a cup of coffee and discuss South Dakota’s future and hear your ideas as to how I could best serve you and your family.
Thank you in advance for your support.
Paid for by Voters for Valerie